Khaled Idris Bahray was stabbed to death on monday 12th of January 2015 in Dresden. On tuesday when his body was found, police Dresden first announced that it was an accident and that there were no traces of injuries, which one day later turned out to be false information. Also there were no crime scene investigators till 30 hours after his body had been found. Now they announce that his flatmate has killed him, without answering to all the doubts about the process.
– The murder took place at the same time of the weekly racist PEGIDA-demonstrations in Dresden
– A member of the German parliament filed charges of obstruction of justice against the Dresden police department. Yet the Dresden police department is still the one in charge for the murder investigation
– Yesterday (22th of January) Dresden’s prosecution in this case released a statement that they found a suspect – an Eritrean roommate of Khaled Idris Bahray. It was also said that this roommate already made a confession
– German press has been writing headlines that the murderer is known, that the roommate is the murder and that the case can be closed now. Despite the fact that there has been no convivtion yet, no further evidence, no trial. There are still many questions unanswered right now:
– The suspect had (/has) no interpreter during interrogations. He speaks no German and only little English, it’s questionable how he can have made a confession without an interpretor in his native language. I highly doubt that the police in Dresden speaks any Eritrean languages.
– Why were there no crime scene investigators at the scene until 30 hours later?
– Why is the police deparment Dresden still in charge of this case? Are they truly unbiased to investigate this while they/their coworkers are at the same time being supsected of obstruction of justice in the same exact case? Adding to that, there was also lots of public pressure on them to find a suspect.
– The suspect also had no attoney during the police questioning in which he allegedly confessed
– Why did Dresden police question only Eritrean housemates/friends of Khaled after they found his body? (and how exactly did those questionings took place? From what is known there was no interpretor in most of these questionings)
– The porsecuter announced that the motive apparently was some conflicts over household chores: What do the other roommates say about this alleged conflicts?
– Why did the press suddenly report that there was allegedly drugs found in the victims body?
There are still many questions unanswered, yet the suspect is being potrayed as the definite murderer by most of German press, by some politicians, and of course by bunch of racists and people who like to jump on the bandwagon.
This all is happening just three years after it turned out that German govermental institutions/police had been covering up the racist serial murders of NSU for years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Socialist_Underground).
Maybe the Eritrean roommate killed Khaled Idris Bahray. But maybe it was also someone completely different. We dont know that yet for sure. We also can’t completely dismiss the possibility that it might have been a hate crime yet.
What is known: There are still so many unanswered questions that need to be looked at and investigated by unbiased people.